|Many airlines have modified their schedules as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, please consult a flight tracking site such as FlightAware or FlightRadar24 or airline web sites for current flight information.|
Some areas are restricting non-essential activities in order to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Please ensure that spotting is not temporarily prohibited by a local public health order before heading to the airport.
|Continent: Europe||Country: United Kingdom||Region: England|
|Leeds Bradford International Airport|
|Overview map||[ ]|
Official Spotting Locations
You can see the planes from the terminal but it is no good for photography.
Other Spotting Locations
A hill on the south side of the airfield locally known as plane tree hill gives very good views over the whole of the airport including both approaches. However the terrain is rather rough and tends to be frequented by motocross bikes and 4x4's. Photography is possible from here although a long lens is required.
There is a bench on the right just before you enter the main runway tunnel heading north from which all movements can be seen and photographed, especially when runway 32 is in use.
When runway 14 is in use a popular location for viewing and photography is a place called cemetery road which can be reached by leaving the terminal and going straight on at the roundabout. Turn left at the end and follow this road round under the 14 approach. Take your second right onto an elevated dead end road where good views of arriving and departing aircraft can be had.
There is also a footpath running along the south side near the threshold of runway 32 by the golf course however the perimeter fence is quite high here.
Also a popular walking area, Yeadon Tarn provides good views of departing (runway 32) and arriving (runway 14) traffic.
Runway 09/27 is now closed making runway 14/32 the sole runway.
Locations to Avoid
- Jet2: Alicante, Almeria, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belfast, Chambery, Dusseldorf, Faro, Geneva, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Malaga, Menorca, Milan, Murcia, Nice, Palma, Paris, Pisa, Prague, Rome, Tenerife, Venice, Valencia
- BMI: Brussels, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Paris, London Heathrow, Lille, Copenhagen
- Eastern Airways: Aberdeen, Inverness, Southampton
- Flybe: Aberdeen, Bergerac, Belfast City, Exeter, Southampton
- Air Southwest: Bristol, Newquay
- Ryanair: Dublin
- KLM: Amsterdam
- Aer Arran: Cork, Galway
- Manx: Isle Of Man
- Astraeus: Crete, Rhodes, Zante, Funchal, Tenerife South, Corfu, Larnaca, Reus, Las Palmas, Faro, Palma, Malaga, Rhodes, Verona, Alicante, Mahon,
- Thomsonfly.com: Dalaman,Paphos, Ibiza, Palma, - more to come
- Onur Air: Bodrum
- Futura: Palma, Fuerteventura
- Balkan Holidays: Bourgas, Varna
- Air Southwest: Jersey
- Sun Express: Dalaman
- Austrian Arrows: Innsbruck
- Air Europa: Palma, Tenerife
- Spanair: Palma
- First Choice: Faro
Facilities and Transportation
There is a bus service from Leeds City Centre to the Airport (first busses 757) and a bus link from Bradford to the airport (737).
Forum for Leeds Bradford Airport For LBA spotters and aviation enthusiasts as well as aviation professionals.