|Many airlines have modified their schedules as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, please consult a flight tracking site such as FlightAware or FlightRadar24 or airline web sites for current flight information.|
Some areas are restricting non-essential activities in order to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Please ensure that spotting is not temporarily prohibited by a local public health order before heading to the airport.
|Continent: Europe||Country: Norway|
|Overview map||Google Maps|
Tromsø Airport is the largest airport in northern Norway, situated to the north of the city of Tromsø. Tromsø Airport serves Tromsø, as well as northern and central parts of Troms county. It is an important hub for flights to many airports in Finnmark, though most passengers travel to and from Oslo. Most scheduled flights are domestic, including flights to Svalbard Airport, Longyear at Longyearbyen, though a few international destinations are also served (London Gatwick, England; Riga, Latvia; and Murmansk, Russia). Additionally, charter operators fly to some destinations in Southern Europe and the Canary Islands.
The light is good 24 hours in summer, as the sun never sets. However in winter the sun never rises, there is only twilight from 10am until about 2pm.
Official Spotting Locations
Other Spotting Locations
There is nowhere to view within the terminal landside. However airside there are good views of the apron and runway for the entire length of the terminal building.
Locations to Avoid
- Norwegian (Oslo-Gardermoen, Oslo-Rygge, Bodø, Trondheim) - B737
- Scandinavian (Alta, Bodø, Longyearbyen, Trondheim, Oslo-Gardermoen) - B737
- Widerøe (Alta, Andenes, Bergen, Berlevåg, Bodø, Båtsfjord, Hammerfest, Harstad/Narvik-Evenes, Hasvik, Honningsvåg, Kirkenes, Lakselv, Mehamn, Narvik-Framnes, Stokmarknes, Sørkjosen, Trondheim, Vadsø, Vardø) - DHC8
- Aeroflot-Nord (Murmansk, Arkhangelsk) - An-24
- airBaltic (Riga) - B737
- Norwegian Air Shuttle (London-Gatwick) - B737
- Scandinavian (Stockholm-Arlanda) - B737
- BH Air (Bourgas) - Tu154
- Eurocypria Airlines (Chania) - B737-800
- SunExpress (Antalya) - B737
- Scandinavian Airlines (Chania, Samos) - B737
- Spanair (Las Palmas) - A320
- Iberworld (Rhodes) - A320