Canberra International Airport
|Continent: Oceania||Country: Australia||Region: Australian Capital Territory|
|Canberra International Airport|
|Location||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Overview map||Google Maps|
- 1 Official Spotting Locations
- 2 Other Spotting Locations
- 3 Locations to Avoid
- 4 Regular Traffic
- 5 Facilities and Transportation
- 6 Links
Official Spotting Locations
There is no official spotting location at Canberra Airport.
Other Spotting Locations
Majura Park Shopping Centre Carpark
The area which most spotters use is the large carpark next to the Majura Park Shopping Centre. This area gives you a great view of both runways, the General Aviation area, the Domestic and International Terminal and RAAF Establishment Fairbairn.
Brindabella Business Park Carpark
Another popular spot at Canberra Airport is the two story carpark at the Brindabella Business park. The best time for this spot in the afternoon when runway 35 is in use. The top floor of the carpark gives you a great view of arrivals on runway 35 as it is close to the touch down markers. This carpark is paid parking but is cheap compared to other airports around Australia.
Locations to Avoid
Pialligo Avenue, Runway 35 approach
The road is a No Stopping area for vehicles. You may be able to park further away and walk to the location. During high profile flights (eg arrival of foreign dignatories) police will not allow you to be in this location.
The area on the southern side of the road is owned by Canberra Airport and security guards patrol this area.
- Qantas (Boeing 737-800)
- Qantaslink (de Havilland Canada Dash 8 Q400, Boeing 717-200)
- Virgin Australia (Boeing 737-700, Boeing 737-800, Embraer E190, ATR ATR-72-500/600)
- Tigerair (Airbus A320-200, Boeing 737-800)
- FlyPelican (Jetstream 32)
- Singapore Airlines (Boeing 777-300)
- Qatar Airways (Airbus A350-1000)
- Jetcraft Aviaton (Fairchild Metro III)
- Royal Australian Air Force (Boeing 737-700 BBJ, Dassault Falcon 7X)
The following military aircraft regularly visit RAAF Establishment Fairbairn:
- Royal Australian Air Force (Boeing C-17 Globemaster, Lockheed-Martin C-130J Hercules, Alenia C-27J Spartan, Airbus KC-30A)
- Australian Army and Royal Australian Navy (Airbus MRH90 Taipan, Airbus AS350 Squirrel)