Valencia-Manises International Airport

From SpottersWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Continent: Europe Country: Spain

Valencia-Manises International Airport
Location Valencia
Airport type Commercial
Overview map [1]
Tower 118.55 MHz, 257.8 MHz, 119.075 MHz
Ground 121.7 MHz
Clearance 123.575 MHz
Approach 120.1 MHz, 124.75 MHz, 119.075 MHZ
ATIS 121.075 MHz
Departure122.8 MHz

Since 1995 the number of passengers using Valencia Airport has more than doubled with 5,929,916 passengers and 96,951 flights being handled there in 2007. It is now the eighth busiest airport in Spain, with this huge increase in passenger numbers explained by the introduction of a large number of low cost flights from the UK and Europe and a marked increase in the number of foreign property owners in Valencia and to the south along the Costa Blanca.

60% of all passengers arriving at Valencia Airport are from internal Spanish flights and the remaining 40% is mostly from other EU Countries such as the UK, Germany, Italy and France.

Airport Data: Valencia 8km (4miles), Position 39°29´22"N, 000°28´54"W, Elevation 69m (226ft), 24 hours


Type ID Name Channel Frequency Distance From Field Bearing From Navaid
5 B VALENCIA 400 kHz 1.3 297.7
5 PND VALENCIA 340 kHz 7.0 297.9
5 SGO SAGUNTO 356 kHz 16.8 230.7
4 VLC VALENCIA 108X 116.1 MHz 0 100

Official Spotting Locations

Spotting: A good spotting spot can be found at the eastern end of runway 12/30, near a Repsol petrol station. There is a pedestrian bridge spanning the motorway which is located along the final approach path. The best time to take pictures is in the morning. A second spot is near the golf course in the north-west end, good for taking pictures of aircraft just before touchdown, especially in the morning or late afternoon. From the terminal, there is a good overview of the apron and the runway from the cafeteria on the third floor.

Spotting site of runway 12 as seen from Google Maps (You have to zoom out a bit)

Other Spotting Locations

Inside Valencia Aeroclub, you get a very good view of the apron, platform and General Aviation Platform

Locations to Avoid

You want to avoid being inside the Golf Course, or even inside airport territory. Every so often, a police car runs up and down a road inside the airport, checking no-one is inside.

Regular Traffic


   * AeBal
   * Aerlingus
   * Air Algerie
   * Air Berlin
   * Air Comet
   * Air Europa
   * Air France
   * Air Malta
   * Air Nostrum
   * Air One
   * Alitalia
   * Alpi Eagles
   * AMC Aviation
   * Atlasjet
   * Austrian Airlines


   * Blue Air
   * Blueline Airlines
   * Brussels Airlines
   * Bulgaria Air


   * Clickair
   * CSA Czech Airlines


   * Darwin Airline
   * Dubrovnik Airline


   * EasyJet
   * Eurofly
   * Excel Airways


   * First Choice
   * Flybaboo
   * Free Bird Airlines
   * Futura


   * GIRjet


   * Hello
   * Helvetic Airways


   * Iberia
   * Iberworld




   * Karthago Airlines


   * Lagunair
   * Lufthansa


   * Monarch Airlines


   * Norwegian
   * Nouvelair


   * Onur Air


   * Privilege Style
   * Pronair


   * Royal Air Maroc
   * Ryanair


   * SAS (Scandinavian Airlines System)
   * SkyEurope
   * Smart Wings
   * Spanair
   * Sterling Airlines
   * Sun Air of Scandinavian
   * Swiftair
   * Swiss


   * Tarom
   * Travel Service
   * TUIfly
   * Tunisair
   * Turkish Airlines


   * Volare Airlines
   * Vueling Airlines


   * Wind Jet
   * Wizz Air
   * Wondair on Demand


   * XL Airways

Airport Services

Cargo Facilities: Mechanical Handling, Air-Conditioned Storage, Refrigerated Storage, Deep Freeze Storage, Animal Quarantine, Fresh Meat Inspection, Livestock Handling, Very Large/Heavy Cargo, Express/Courier Centre

Cargo Handling Agents: Iberia

Passenger Facilities: Annual Capacity 1 400, 6 long term parking spaces, Bank, Bureau de Change, Restaurants, Cafeterias, Bars, VIP Lounge, Duty Free Shop, Gift Shop, Travel Agent, Tourist Help Desk, Car Rental, Taxi Service/Rank, First Aid

Facilities and Transportation

Valencia airport is situated on the A3 highway which connects Valencia with Madrid, as well as being close to the A7, to Barcelona and into France. It is also well served by public transport. It is connected to Valencia by a regular bus line (MetroBus) which takes 45 minutes, while the shuttle service (Aerobus) to city centre takes only 20 minutes. The metro network (lines 3 and 5) also connect the airport to the city center (15 minutes), the Railway Station and the Port (fare: € 1,70, summer 2007).

External links

  • Live Flights Live Time Flights arriving and departing Valencia Airport