|Many airlines have modified their schedules as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, please consult a flight tracking site such as FlightAware or FlightRadar24 or airline web sites for current flight information.|
Some areas are restricting non-essential activities in order to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Please ensure that spotting is not temporarily prohibited by a local public health order before heading to the airport.
Portland International Airport
|Continent: North America||Country: United States||Region: Oregon|
|Portland International Airport|
|Overview map||Google Maps|
Official Spotting Locations
On the top floor of the parking garage you have a great view of runways 10R and 28L.
Other Spotting Locations
At the end of Concourse C, there are a lot of usually vacant gates. This area gives you a good view of arrivals and departures on 28L/10R.
Locations to Avoid
Anywhere off limits, of course! :)
Otherwise, you're pretty much safe.
- Airborne Express/DHL (767-200)
- Air Canada Express (Jazz Air) (Dash 8-Q300, CRJ-700)
- Alaska Airlines (737-400, 737-700, 737-800, 737-900)
- Alaska Airlines (Horizon Air) (Dash 8-Q400)
- Alaska Airlines (Skywest Airlines) (CRJ-700)
- American Airlines (MD-82/83)
- Ameriflight (Beech 99, EMB-120)
- Asiana Cargo (747-400F)
- Delta Air Lines (A320, MD-90, 737-800, 757-200, 767-300, A330-200, A330-300)
- FedEx (A310F, DC-10F, MD-11F)
- Frontier (A319, A320)
- Hawaiian Air (A321neo)
- Jetblue Airways (A320)
- Southwest (737-700, 737-800)
- Spirit Airlines (A319, A320)
- United (757-200, A319, A320, 737-700, 737-800, 737-900)
- United Express (Skywest Airlines) (EMB-120, CRJ-100, CRJ-200, CRJ-700)
- UPS (A300F, 757-200F, 767-300F, MD-11F)
- US Airways (A319, A320, 737-300)
- Virgin America (A320)
- Plus, various charters often! (Allegiant is becoming common)
- Boeing also has various paint ferries that fly in once in a while (767s, 777s, 787s, 747-8s)
Facilities and Transportation
MAX Red Line from the Airport will take you all the way to Beaverton Transit Center, through the city center, allowing you almost limitless connections within the public transit system. The trains depart every 15 minutes.