|Many airlines have modified their schedules as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, please consult a flight tracking site such as FlightAware or FlightRadar24 or airline web sites for current flight information.|
Some areas are restricting non-essential activities in order to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Please ensure that spotting is not temporarily prohibited by a local public health order before heading to the airport.
Corfu Island International Airport
|Continent: Europe||Country: Greece|
|Corfu Island International Airport|
|Airport type||Mixed-Use Commerical|
|Overview map||Google Maps|
|Plane Spotting Hotels guide|
The history of Corfu Island International Airport-I.Kapodistrias, Corfu Island begins with the landing of a plane (Heston Phoenix register SX-AAH) on 22 March 1937, with the governor Efstratio Xidi on board. At the duration of second world war, it was used by planes of axis, where they found shelter after martial enterprises. A small building of passenger station was built 1962. In April 1965 the airport became International and the first flight under Air Traffic Control was realized with jet type Comet of Olympic Airways. The construction of a new passenger station was finished in 1972. The runway today reaches 2.400 meters, width 45 meters.
In 2015 the Airport of Corfu handles 2.43 mio. passengers and more than 18.000 flights.
Official Spotting Locations
There are no official spotting facilities at Corfu International Airport.
Other Spotting Locations
As of 2013, the fully renovated terrace is now the highest point on Kanoni Hill to take photos. From here you have views over the approach to runway 35 and Mouse Island. It is also possible to shoot pictures of aircraft up to 737 size backtracking on the runway through gaps in the overhead power lines.
International Departure Lounge
It is possible to take photographs through the windows of the International Departure Lounge with out any hassle from the authorities.
Locations to Avoid
- Aegean Airlines, Astra Airlines, Olympic Air, Sky Express,
Holiday season 2016
- Aer Lingus, AirBerlin, Air Malta, Air Moldova, Air Serbia, Austrian, Alitalia, Arkia, Avanti Air, Axis Airways, Belavia, blu-express, Blue Panorama, British Airways, Condor, Corendon Dutch, Easyjet, El Al , Ellinair, EnterAir, Edelweiss, Flybe, Germania, Germanwings, Israir, Jetime, Jet2, Jetairfly, Lufthansa, Luxair, Metrojet, Mistral Air, Niki, Nordstar Airlines, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Nova Airline, Novair, Orenburg Airlines, Rossija, Ryanair, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Small Planet Airlines Lituania, Small Planet Polska, Smart Wings, Smartlynx, Smartlynx Estonia, Swiss, Tarom, Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia, Thomas Cook Belgium, Thomas Cook UK, ThomsonFly UK, Transavia France, Transavia NL, Travel Service Hungary, Travel Service Polska, Travel Service Slovakia, TUI Airlines Nederland, TuiFly DE, TUIFly Nordic, Ural Airlines, VIM Airlines, Volotea, Vueling Airlines, Wizz Air, XL Airways France, Yamal,
Facilities and Transportation
Rent a car
- Avis | Phone no: +30 26610 21827-24404
- Hertz | Phone no : +30 26610 33547-38388
- Sixt | Phone no : +30 26610 80710-81287
- Europcar | Phone no : +30 26610 46440-46931
- Intereurope | Phone no : +30 26610 36689- 24000
- National Alamo | Phone no: +30 26610-49651
Hotels and rooms
Pension Anna Bouzii is located at the threshold of runway 35 in Kanoni. Rooms from 70 €/day (as of June 2008) with air-condition, refrigerator, bathroom, kitchen, SAT TV
Royal Boutique Hotel (ex Hotel Royal) (Kanoni/Corfu) is located next to the Kanoni-Hill. Fully reopend 2013. The fully renovated Royal Boutique Hotel offers a pleasant atmosphere and unique facilities to all its guests for any purpose they are travelling. The Royal Boutique Hotel has 123 luxurious rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, 2 bars and 1 cafeteria with a beautiful terrace overlooking the Mouse Island, the trademark of Corfu and the airport of Corfu. The rooms with lakeview offers a unforgetable view in front to the runway.
Star Rating:** Rooms: 125 Prices: High season 55€ double; low season 45€ double. Rates include continental breakfast
Phone/Tel. +30 26610 - 35342 Fax +30 26610 - 38786 Address: Palaiopolis 110, 49100 Kanoni Corfu, Greece, E-mail: [email protected] KERKYRA IONIAN ISLANDS Greece
Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel offers the best views (lakeview) of any of the nearby hotels next to the threshold of RWY35.
The 5-star hotel Corfu Holiday Palace has a total of 263 rooms, some of them offers a great view to the airport and runway.
Adress: Nafsikas str., Kanoni, 49100 Corfu, Greece Phone/Tel.+30 26610 36540-3 Fax.+30 26610 36551
- Greek Aviation Enthusiasts
- Corfu Spotting by planepics.org
- Corfu Spotting-Guide (german) by spotter.koeln
- Corfu/CFU live map @ flightradar24.com
- Flickr group Planespotting in Corfu (Kerkira)
- Flickr group Airport: Corfu (Kerkyra) airport (CFU/LGKR)
- CFU @ spotterlead.net/LGKR spotterfriendly timetables CFU/LGKR
- Corfu Ioannis Kapodistrias Int'l - LGKR @ jetphotos.net
- Corfu - Ioannis Kapodistrias (CFU / LGKR) @ airliners.net
- CFU Kerkyra, Corfu, Greece @ planepictures.net
- Kerkyra (Corfu) - Ioannis Kapodistrias International (CFU / LGKR), Greece @ planespotters.net