|Continent: Europe||Country: United Kingdom||Region: England|
|Bristol International Airport|
|Overview map||Google Maps|
|Approach||125.65MHz and 136.075MHz|
Main Spotting Location
Although BRS doesn't have an official Spotting Area, there is a location off Downside Road, on Winters Lane. This area is probably the best out of the few places, because you catch the 09 Line ups and landings, and the long 27 departures when the heavier aircraft such as the FCA 767 are in. Airport Staff and Police seem to have no problem with this; you'll usually get a wave from the ASU. A ladder is recommended for people wishing to partake in photography.
This location is off Downside Road, along Winters Lane, on the turning for Tall Pines Golf Club.See Map.
Other Spotting Locations
Runway 09 ILS
Below the ILS System for 09 is another place where sometimes people stop, only usually used when R/W 09 is active. Here you can get some interesting angles for photography.
This location is off Downside Road, along Winters Lane. See Map.
Locations to Avoid
Pathway leading up to RWY27 threshold
On the Southeast end of the airfield there's an unmarked gate by the A38 through which a path (the old road) can be found that leads right down to near the threshold of RWY27. Whilst this provides great views, one is in clear view of pilots lining up as well as security staff who will ask you to move immediately. The gate leading down that path is not marked and as such one might be fooled into thinking it's a legitimate spot but it would in fact seem that you may be described as a "security scare" if you venture there.
The following is a list of regular scheduled airlines and their destinations, plus Aircraft operating.
Air Malta - Malta = Airbus A320-200
Aurigny - Guernsey = ATR 72-500
Eastern Airways - Teeside = ERJ145
easyJet - Various Destinations = Airbus A319/A320
Blue Islands - Jersey = ATR72-600
Jet2 - Starting Summer 2021 = Boeing 737-800
KLM Cityhopper - Amsterdam = Embraer 170/195 or Boeing 737-700
Ryanair - Various Destinations = Boeing 737-800
TUI - Various Destinations = Boeing 737-800, 757-200, 787-8/787-9
Facilities and Transportation
- Forum for Bristol Airport For BRS spotters and aviation enthusiasts as well as aviation professionals.
- Bristol Airport Spotting Locations, photos, videos and information on spotting at BRS.
- Bristol Airport SpottingLog Spotting database of aircraft seen at Bristol Airport from enthusiasts logs.
- Fresh Aviation Aviation community at Bristol Airport with groups, events, photos and news.
- Bristol & Wessex Aeroplane Club Friendly and professional flying club at Bristol Airport.
- Bristol Airport Sightings Sightings of aircraft and photos at Bristol Airport.